Thursday, September 10, 2009

A perfect day..

Today was a nearly perfect day. I say nearly perfect, rather than completely perfect, because today's class de jour was less than riveting. We talked about whether or not you capitalize which words in titles (for example, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest) for almost 30 minutes, and my classmates, who evidently didn't have elementary, middle school, high school and college grammar under their belts had questions which prolonged the discussion further. Normally, this wouldn't actually irritate me, but it was really putting a damper on my blissfull day. See the slideshow above for pictures of my day.



First thing this morning, well before the sun rose, I had to awake to do homework. I was tasked to write a Personal and Professional Development Plan (see how I use those grammar skills to discern which words get capital letters?) I got to meet with my mentor today, so I had to prepare this "Plan" as well as do a little research about her and her work. I wrote, researched, ironed, blow-dried and put on panty-hose (for every man reading this, you have no idea.) Then, I hit the road. Well, not until after I made Andy take my picture, 5 times.



I spent an hour with my mentor resisting the urge to say "I want your job" and "You are my hero." She is everything I want to be and do as far as work and life goals go. I told Andy that I was focusing on observing and absorbing all her awesomeness while keeping myself from seeming like I might start stalking her. In a nutshell, she is a litigator on behalf of city and municipal governments primarily in employment disputes. Every opportunity for me to work with her that she mentioned, I responded to with a little girl clap and "That sounds amazing!" More to follow on those experiences.



Then, it was time for lunch. I had heard an ad on the radio for a cheese shop on University and Hennepin. I've been getting really lost a lot lately, so I thought I'd give intuition my best shot and try to find it. I found the cheese shop, and a block of shops, restaurants, bars and other such chic things that I have dubbed "the happiest place on earth."See picture, which doesn't really do it justice, but you get the idea. At least, it's my happy place. I think it may be a regular ritual to visit this 2 block area for some cheese, funky retail therapy and a latte. I got this amazing giant sticker called a laptop skin for my laptop. The big red bag isn't Santa Claus's gift toter, either, it's my school bag that holds my laptop, an expansive variety of office supplies, and even has a built-in lunch box! It's great.


Sadly, after this blissful morning, class was a little disappointing, but I made up for it. I hit the Farmer's Market near campus to pick up supplies to test out an Eggplant Lasagna recipe. I got all I needed for $5, came home and whipped up this marvelous dish, and now here I am, relishing. Oh, and blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Kelli I can't see the photos.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds amazing. Just a comment, since you were writting about Grammer. In the second sentence it should be "write", not 'right', or was that intentional?

    ReplyDelete