Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's official because Elle just got her class schedule

Many of you know that I am obsessed with the movie "Legally Blonde," the inspiration for the title of my blog. The main character, Elle Woods, is a Malibu blonde who decides to go to Harvard Law school to win back her ex-boyfriend. When she checks in for the first day of classes, she gets her class schedule, and informs the staff that she's missing her social calendar, "You know, mixers, clam bakes, trips to the Cape?"



Well, I was relieved to receive my social calender, which includes a "picnic supper" (I love that it's supper, not dinner) and a retreat for vocation and the law. Yep, that's when I cried. I'm really going to be a law student, and soon after, a lawyer.


My class schedule has 4 courses in the following: Torts, Civil Procedure, Contracts, Lawyering Skills, and I'll also have Foundations of Justice and Homocide cases for the first week. The good news is that I don't have too many long days, and Tuesday & Thursday I don't start classes until 10:30. Very exciting!
These are pics of St. Thomas. The top one is the front of the law building. The bottom one is me in front of the law school. Andy took these when we visited in January. Yep, it's 10 below zero in those pics!

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say that after looking at the pictures and reading your class schedule I am almost a little jealous. This is so exciting!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographer must have been sexy.

    ReplyDelete