Saturday, April 28, 2012

What I've been up to

To be honest, most of what I've been up to these days is dotting i's, crossing t's, and running around like crazy! Still, I've found a little time to make some fun things. I was soooo lucky that law school was less crazy this semester, so I was able to fly home to throw a baby shower for my dear friend. I was also able to find time over the last couple months to make some really special gifts.
This is a Taggie Blanket. Little ones like the feel of the little satin tags, it's got fun textures for them to play with and snuggle on. I made one for my friend's shower, and another for a friend at school who is expecting a girl. I love the little owl ribbon and the print on the brown courdoroy!

This is a quilt I made for my friend. Owls are so trendy right now, and we ended up doing an owl theme for the shower. I'd like to say I made it with love as my only motivation, but when she opened it, and everyone gasped, that was pretty awesome, too. It's still a bit wrinkled in this picture, but with all the hubub, I didn't get a chance to get a good photo after I washed and pressed it.

To go with the owl theme, we had guests at the shower share "Words of Wisdom" with the Mommy-to-be. The notes people wrote were so sweet!

Here's just a little shot of the decor my mom and I made for the shower. It was so darling! There are little owls on most of the flags, which were tied along 16 feet of bannister!

No comments:

Post a Comment