Friday, June 11, 2010

WANTED: Evil Garden-Munching Peter Cottontail

Culprit:
Sure, he looks cute, with his fluffy little white tail, and adorable pocket-size packaging, but this MONSTER assassinated a large portion of my garden! Oh yes, he actually eliminated the entire cilantro plant, even the roots! And he chewed every leaf off of all my bean plants. And nabbed the carrot tops. Fortunately, he left the cucumbers and other herbs alone. They seem to be thriving.
Prosecution Exhibits A & B:

I know what you are thinking, "There's nothing in the second picture." You are right. That darn rabbit wiped the cilantro off the face of the planet! The wascally wabbit chewed through our fence and reeked havoc. Astonishingly, he chose to go through our fence instead of go right into the 9 other completely unfenced gardens. Hmpf.
The only redeeming factor of this whole infiltration:

That, my dear friends, is part of a jalapeno pepper. Take that, darn rabbit! A nice little kick in the mouth, was it? Good.
Funny garden-related story about Andy: I bring home a jar of pickles the other day and say, "Hey, we can make our own pickles pretty soon!" Andy: "How would we do that?" Me: "Let me guess, you were one of those kids that didn't know that beef came from cows." (At this point, feel free to note that I am growing cucumbers in the garden. I was watching Andy think through each of the items in our garden trying to guess which one might be able to be turned into a pickle.) It was a pretty good belly laugh for me. Andy finally asked, "Do pickles come from cucumbers?" Yes, honey, yes. Oh, boy.
Life is good otherwise. Summer classes are going good. I am taking Negotiations and Criminal Procedure, both of which I'm really enjoying.
I'm getting a little bored only going to school part-time. The inner domestic diva has emerged again:

No, I wasn't expecting company. I just got really giddy with the new place mats and napkins I bought (because I was bored) and decided to set the full table, centerpiece, wine and all. Silly, I know. This is why I need either 1) a job or 2) a more useful hobby. Do note, though, that the place mats are gorgeous with my dishes! Andy wasn't impressed, but I know you are.
Lots of love,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment