Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I got in!

Many of you may remember my whining about the grueling week I spent editing a 10-page article and writing my own 10-page paper after two weeks of finals! Well, I got a letter in the mail yesterday informing me that I was accepted to the Law Journal! I will be part of the editing staff for my last two years of law school. This is great news! Not to toot my own horn, but you know I will, this is quite prestigious and only 20 students are excepted each year (out of 174.) This will give me great experience and look fantastic on my resume. In a word, I'm thrilled.
In fact, I was so excited, I threw up. Ok, I actually think these things are unrelated. I had a yucky tummy all day yesterday, then the adrenaline sort of wore off from the excitement of getting the good news. I wanted to celebrate so badly, that I decided to be brave and have a few sips of champagne with Andy. I can't say that's what did me in, but about 10 minutes later, I got to revisit my lunch. There is nothing worse than having something worth celebrating and being sick! I'm feeling better today, so it's back to school. I would really rather stay in bed all day reading (isn't that what you are supposed to do when you are sick?) but I have an exam in a week, so I can't miss class. This is just further proof of the heroic, dare I say, insane lengths I will go to in law school. I figure if I'm vertical, I should at least go to class, even if I'm a bit of a zombie.
Had to share my latest ups and downs. Hope this finds you all well.
Lots of love,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment