Saturday, May 29, 2010

I survived +

So, for all of you wondering if I survived the first year of law school, I finally did! I'm getting my grades in day-by-day and am quite happy with the outcome. It was a LONG semester that I'm glad to have behind me. I finished the competition with a few hours to spare and will find out in mid-July if I've been accepted to the Law Journal. Once I hit send, which was alarmingly anti-climactic, I slept profoundly that night and managed to do very, very little until we left for our trip to Colorado on Wednesday.

Colorado was fantastic! I have lovingly nicknamed it the Reunion Tour. Andy spent the majority of the week in Denver and then New Mexico visiting his mom on what I called the Southern loop of the Reunion Tour! It was really wonderful to see my family and friends. For those of you I missed, maybe next time.

We even squeezed in a whirlwind trip to Nebraska and back over the weekend, where I was able to see my grandparents, catch my cousin Eli's baseball game, and my cousins Gretchen and Sophie's dance recital (so cute!) And with all that fun, I got ONE picture the entire week! That's life, I guess. The last night we were in Greeley, the whole Hamit clan had dinner and I served my now-famous tiramisu brownies. We had some friends come by, and stayed up late playing Wii bowling. Dad got a strike in the 3rd frame, and we felt pretty silly for making such a fuss trying to teach him how to play since he schooled us at it!

Andy and I had a heck of a time getting home because there was a bad thunderstorm in Colorado the day we left, so we got in bed at 3 am on Thursday, finally home again. We're back in the groove here now and so is Marcelle the cat.

For those of you who don't know, I am not a real big fan of nature, but I am a real big fan of gardening. Andy and I were pumped to discover that there are little garden plots at our apartment complex that we are allowed to plant this summer. We prepped it with good soil, and I planted some seeds for pole beans, cucumbers and carrots in our little garden plot before we left. With all the fuss getting back to MN yesterday, I had almost forgotten to check on the progress. Andy and I went out there with a flashlight at 10:30 last night to find 6-inch tall bean plants and a smattering of cukes, as well as a solid row of carrot tops! I was doing the girl-clap/ jumping combination. The enthusiasm carried into today, so we went to Ace to pick up rabbit fence (we have a critter-rich area) and some herbs, tomatoes, peppers and garlic (don't act like you're surprised I'm growing my own.) I posted pictures below (if you go the Shutterfly site, the password is: kelliandandy.) I'll be updating all summer so you can watch our garden grow!

I start my summer classes next Wednesday, and then summer just keeps on rolling!

Have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

Love always,

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment