Saturday, February 13, 2010

Prom

I am slightly embarrassed to realize that I attended Prom last night for the 6th time in my life. It makes me seem so indiscriminate in my Prom date choices to have attended Prom 5 times in High School. The reality is that I love to dance, I love rhinestone-bedecked dresses and I love fancy hairdos.
The Law School puts on Law Prom each Spring semester, and it was a really fun way to spend time with my classmates. It is remarkable how nice everyone can clean up from the jeans, sweatshirts and backpacks look! As you can see from the pics below, (if you have trouble seeing them, click on "view larger" then enter the password: kelliandandy) we also had to do the "pose with your date" shots before leaving the house. It almost felt strange without someone's parents directing everyone on how to stand and to scooch together. We gathered at my friend Marit's house for a pre-Prom cocktail hour. We couldn't resist some high-school Prom inspired poses. Andy confessed he even thought of getting me a corsage, but thought better of it since it's the weekend before Valentine's Day. Sweet gesture.
Our friends Andrew and Claire, who don't like to dance, decided that didn't preclude them from cocktails, so they joined us. All in all, it was a great way to kick off a night of kicking up our heels.
Andy and I had a great time at our first Prom together. Andy said "We danced on our first date, and we danced at our wedding, but I've never gone to Prom with you. Now I have!"
More deep thoughts are coming down the pike this week, so stay tuned.
As always, much love,
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment