Friday, December 13, 2013

Last few little bits of Christmas glitz

As promised, I had a few more projects up my sleeve for fitting my home for the holidays.
 Here's the final touches:
My mom got this huge mirror from my grandma a few years ago, and it just didn't find a home in my parents' house. I mentioned that I was struggling to find the right decor for my mantel, and my mom and I thought this mirror just might work. I think it's fabulous! The garland of knitted trees was a bargain at Target, and I crocheted a single chain with some ivory sparkly yarn to string the mini-wreaths to finish it off. I ended up adding a couple under-used scarves which I forgot to take photos of. As we get Christmas cards, we're stringing them along the mantle hung from yarn with clothespins. It's pretty cute!

This is the doll I made into a little bride for my cousin's shower earlier this year. I found some fun fabric scraps in my mom's bins and Christmas-fied her! Everything's held on with pins so I can disassemble and make it new again!

Finally, this super project doesn't grace the walls at my house, but I helped my mom make this for her office at work. It came out spectacular! My mom was inspired by something similar on Pinterest, but I love our version even more! We started with a black canvas from Hobby Lobby, and added layers of chalk drawings, tissue pom-pons, garlands of flags that we stenciled NOEL onto, and a few ornaments. I LOVE it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment