Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kelli and Laurie Do the Twin Cities

Click here to view these pictures larger

To view these on my Shutterfly website, the password is: kelliandandy

enjoy the visual tour!

My mom came to visit me for my fall break from school, and boy were we ready for a V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! We got off to a good start by having dinner at a local restaurant with Mike and Andy. Mom and I liked it so much, we went back the next day for lunch!

I stayed with Mom at the hotel so that we could get maximum quality time in. We soaked in the hot tub, imbibed on a little wine, and a LOT of cheese, and we had chocolate covered strawberries. It felt like a vacation even if home was only 15 miles away! We stayed up late chatting and watching HGTV and then got up early to get our coffee and go make Christmas cards at our favorite place, Archiver's!

The next day we loafed around, then went to see Oklahoma! at a dinner theater. More hot tubbing, more wine, you get the picture.

Monday we did some shopping, and met up with Andy for lunch to celebrate his new job. Andy starts at Target on Tuesday. Stay tuned for "Kelli and Andy Get Their Own Place....Maybe Even Before Christmas," which will be starring me, and Andy, and the cat. It should be riveting!

Then mom and I went to visit my school. Mom ooh-ed and ahh-ed over the law school. It is pretty cool, I have to admit. Then we shopped, and shopped, and ate some more, then shopped til we dropped. More hot-tubbing, more wine, more cheese, and now we've added decadent desserts. Good Times!

On our last day, we simply had not achieved the number of Christmas cards hoped for, so we headed back to Archiver's worked feverishly for another four or five hours. It was worth it. The results were magnificent. You can see them on my mom's blog: http://laurieslollyblog.blogspot.com

Then, through tears, we said goodbye. She hit the road, and I hit the books again. I have only 7 weeks of classes, then about 2 weeks of finals before I'm done for the semester. Then I will be 1/6 the way to being a lawyer!

I hope this finds all of you well and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment